Ms Diane Stables
Member Status: Registrant
Member No: HYP14-01220
I love my work as a hypnotherapist helping people to make positive changes to their lives. My life experiences of working full time in both corporate, and as a business owner, alongside bringing up three children, has given me first-hand experience of the difficulties of juggling work and family responsibilities.
Hypnotherapy works on the basis that it can be unconscious thought processes that cause us to behave in ways that consciously, we’d prefer not to. So, hypnotherapy is about waking people out of these trance states that have been leading to unwanted behaviour like smoking, overeating or negative thinking. I use techniques that are specifically chosen to suit each individual. Hypnotherapy is usually only a couple of sessions to get desired result.
Should you be considering Hypnosis for the first time, you may be slightly apprehensive, not knowing what to expect. Hypnosis is a natural state of deep relaxation, during which your sub-conscious mind-the controller of all automatic processes and reactions becomes more susceptible to suggestion.
Contrary to some depictions of hypnosis in books, movies or television, people who have been hypnotised do not lose control over their behaviour. You will remain aware of who you are and where you are. Hypnosis makes it easier for people to experience positive suggestions, which are for their benefit. It also strengthens the ego and brings about positive attitudes.
- Qualifications & Experience• Advanced Diploma in Counselling & Psychotherapy (integrative) Sept 2016, Chrysalis. Southampton University
• Diploma in Counselling & Psychotherapy (integrative) Sept 2015, Chrysalis. Southampton University
• Certificate Hypnotherapy and Counselling Skills, Chrysalis. Southampton University
• PGCE – Reading University
• BA (Hons) Sociology, Goldsmiths, University London
- Languages Spoken