Mrs Karen Li
Member Status: Registrant
Member No: HYP16-03282
Having worked in management for over 20 years, at the same time as bringing up my three children, I was looking for new tools to help myself and others deal with a hectic and challenging lifestyle. Hence my hypnotherapy journey began and Wave Hypnotherapy Norwich was born.
Like many people I had experienced stage hypnotists encouraging subjects to perform embarrassing and demeaning tasks to entertain an audience but be reassured that hypnosis can only take place when the subject is willing to co-operate and entirely comfortable with what they are being asked to do. No hypnotherapist can force you to do anything which your subconscious mind will not allow, keeping you safe and protected. However, this pleasant feeling of deep relaxation can be used to focus on new positive beliefs and encourage positive mental, emotional or psychological change to improve all kinds of issues.
All sessions will take place in relaxed, comfortable and confidential surroundings so that the greatest progress can be made.
I am passionate about using my life experiences to help others discover that they too can access their powerful subconscious mind and improve their lives. I have had experience of working in schools and early years settings, and am excited at the opportunity of being able to give young people the chance to improve their self-esteem, reduce anxiety and cope with life’s challenges. This is particularly close to my heart as it is one of the main reasons that brought me to hypnotherapy, and I am happy to work with both children and adults in my clinic.
I have had great success in working with young people suffering from anxious behaviour, anger issues, school refusal, sleep problems and general low confidence and self-esteem. Younger children respond well to the story-telling idea of hypnotherapy, and are fantastically creative, which means that change is usually rapid. Older children and teens enjoy discovering more about how their minds work, and taking back control of their bodies at a time when it can feel like each day it presents them with a new challenge!
- Qualifications & ExperienceI trained in Psychotherapeutic Counselling and Hypnotherapy in Norwich with Chrysalis Professional Therapy training, the UK’s leading trainers in hypnotherapy and counselling. I am fully insured and an accredited member of the National Hypnotherapy Society which is accredited by the Professional Standards authority to provide reassurance to the public on the quality of a professional hypnotherapist’s qualifications and training, adherence to an ethical code of conduct, supervision of practice and continual professional development. I have a degree in management and have spent time working with schools and charities so am fully DBS checked.
- What I can help with
- Anger Management
- Assertiveness / Self-confidence / Self-esteem
- Children / teenagers
- Driving tests
- Emotional issues
- Generally unhappy with your life
- Job interviews
- Panic attacks
- Parenting skills
- Public speaking: stage fright
- Self-defeating behaviours
- Self esteem
- Shyness / Social Phobia
- Sporting performance
- Stop smoking
- Languages Spoken