Member Status: Registrant
Member No: HYP16-03663
My name is Jo and I have worked with children, young people and adults to support their emotional well-being for over twelve years. I moved from managing a team in a bank to managing staff who worked with children and young people, along with directly working with children, young people and adults. Currently I manage mental health recovery workers for a mental health charity. My interest in hypnotherapy began when I decided to undertake a formal counselling qualification. I found the techniques used within hypnotherapy to be very holistic along with using counselling techniques has proved to be very supportive when working with clients.
I look at the whole person and take time to understand why someone maybe looking at considering hypnotherapy. Hypnotherapy can be supportive for those accessing this kind of therapy in providing a safe environment to relax and step out of the day to day challenges you face. I am open, honest and emphatic and therefore what you see is what you get.
- Qualifications & ExperienceI have the following qualifications all of which support my practice when working with a number of presenting issues.
- National Hypnotherapy Society - Hypnotherapy Certificate
- Foundation Degree in Early Childhood Studies in Education
- Post Graduate Certificate in Integrated Centre Leadership.
- City & Guilds Level 4 Adult teaching qualification - Prepare to Teach for Lifelong Learning (PTLLS)
- City & Guilds Level 3 City & Guilds Working with Families
- NCFE Level 2 Mental Health Awareness
Working through Level 4 Diploma in Counselling Skills and Theory, moving towards a full counselling qualification in April 2019
Mental Health First Aid England - Adults
Mental Capacity Act (Level 1)
SafeTALK- Suicide alertness for everyone
Hull City Council Safeguarding Children & Adults certificates
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Enhanced Disclosure and Baring Service (DBS)
- Languages Spoken